Saturday, November 22, 2014

NANO UPDATE 2014

And so the end of NaNo is near.  One more week of writing madness to go through.

For those of you who do not know what NaNo stands for; it's NaNoWriMo or in long version, National Novel Writing Month.  It is where writers strive and most succeed to write 50,000 words in one month.

That's the goal anyway.  I do not do that.  I would hurt myself badly if I tried.  My inner editor is an evil witch and will not shut up no matter what I do to her.  Chains.  Whips.  Torture.  Drowning.  You name it I've done it, and she laughs in the face and comes back with a vengance.

Ahem.

So, instead I strive for the lofty goal of 15k or there about, which is somewhere where four short stories for Reuts Publications.

I have already expounded on their theme of Mythology this year.

As to the update itself.

I did not finish the Egyptian short story on time.  It did not get sent to them.
Sent in the Celtic and the Asian one.
Waiting for the parameters for the Eastern European one
Did a flash fiction for a site.
And have been plucking away at my own Mythological creation.

So far that brings my word total to 13.7k plus some change.  

And that my friends puts me right on my personal target.

YAY!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats for being on target! I've never done NaNo, not sure if I ever will. Like you, it kind of goes against how I write. I feel like I would hate it, and I don't want to hate writing.

    Oh, and it looks like I'm getting updates for your blog again. Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm getting them too now. I ihave no idea what happened?!

      I'm already setting up for A to Z. Can't wait to see all the awesome entrupies next year.

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea. I should be planning for it as well, but I currently have no idea what I'm going to do. Flash fiction stories, maybe? We'll see. :)

      Delete
    3. I'm not doing a story this year. But it will have lots of purdy pics.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!