Wednesday, June 29, 2016

MY TOTALLY BIASED REVIEW OF (FUNKY FOR MY HOMETOWN) SODAS -- #1 SHIRLEY TEMPLE

Okay, this should tell you how utterly boring my life happens to be.  When sodas are interesting enough to blog about, you know its bad.

And now the back story first.  I had to go to the local hardware store to get a surge protector.  I've only been in this store maybe three times since it moved into the building when it's predecessor folded.

On that day, since it was already in the mid 80 degree range at 9:30 in the morning, I noticed the store had a drink fridge.  So call me oblivious the other times I was there.

The fridge had all these cool-looking bottles. I wandered over and took a gander.  My little junk food loving heart skipped a beat as I saw soda flavors and names I have never heard of before.  So, later, I ended up buying them.

Now, onto the review of the first soda, pop, fizzy drink, or whatever you want to call it.
The first one I opened was called Shirley Temple.  

Love the color of the soda.  The picture cannot do it justice.  

Anyway, so I took my first drink.  The only flavor I can name that this soda tastes like is grenadine.  Of course, that depends on the brand of grenadine you get.  I'm not a drinker so I've only tasted pure grenadine once, but it is a distinctive flavor. 

I even asked my mom to taste the soda and she agreed with me.  

It wasn't bad, I must say, but it did leave an aftertaste because of the aspartame.  Minus one for that.  It was a sweet soda too. Maybe a bit too sweet. 

All in all, I did enjoy the soda.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know they sold a pre-mixed Shirley Temple!

    IIRC, the ingredients are grenadine and 7 Up (or another lemon-lime flavored soda). So your taste buds weren't steering you wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. Blogger seems to have eaten my original comment.

    Your taste buds are correct. IIRC, the ingredients for a Shirley Temple are cherry grenadine and lemon-lime soda (like 7 Up).

    I didn't know they sold pre-mixed Shirley Temples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed this would be it. If I can find it in the middle of my speck of a town, it should available easily online.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!