Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A to Z Challenge 2017 -- Reflections #atozchallenge

REFLECTIONS
So I was hedging on whether to do A to Z this year.  I was totally not going to do it.  Then, I watched Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale in theaters on March 9th.  It was a fantastic edition to the SAO franchise.  I loved it.  I love the anime and the light novels.

It inspired and excited me so much that the idea for this year's theme popped into my head then and there.

Thus, I ended up changing my mind.

So I did a headlong frenzy of name finding. I internet searched anime lists, I scoured my anime shelves and manga books, and racked my brain to find those ever elusive Q and X letters.

I had to hedge on only one this year. Stupid X.  But my X post happens to be in my top ten of absolute favorites. So, all was cool. I was happy about it once I resigned that there wasn't an X anime character name that I had watched and liked.

My first post was prewritten on March 13th and it went on from there. I finally got Y (yes, I finished Z before Y) on April 26th.

But the most wonderful thing was I didn't get sick in the midst of April like I usually do. So that was fantastic.

So onto the awesome and not so awesome.

Thank you everybody who visited my blog this year.  Real life kicked my bootie this year with Summer Reading Program prep as well as other catastrophies.  So I couldn't get to other blogs as much as I wanted. I wish I could have visited more but life before fun sometimes.

I really, really missed the linky list.  It was handy to tab out 10 or more blogs and see what was happening on them.  I had a few regulars but not many new ones popping up on my blog this year.

So that was the not so awesome.

The awesome was there were some amazing A to Z blogs I did find. There was the snarky and hilarious posts about Mythology, Hair Bands, and Folklore.

Here are some of the anime characters that didn't make the list that I love as well:

Agil - Sword Art Online
Amon - Witch Hunter Robin


Creed Disketh - Black Cat
Chidori Kaname - Full Metal Panic


Ein - Cowboy Beebop
Edgar - Earl and Fairy


Gintaru - Gingitsune
Goku - Dragon Ball


Hiei - Yu Yu Hakusho
Hagi/Haji - Blood+
Hayate - Pretear


Yuuko Ichihara - XXXHolic

Karma Akabane - Assassination Classroom
Kurapika - Hunter X Hunter
Krusty - Log Horizon
Klein - Sword Art Online


Levi - Attack on Titan

Mikona Modoki - XXXHolic and Tsubasa
Mamoru Kusanagi - Blue Seed
Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell


Lucrezia Noin - Gundam Wing

Okarin - Stein's Gate

Ryo-Ohki - Tenchi Muyo
Raven - Earl and Fairy


Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
Sadao Maou - The Devil is a Part Timer


Twilight Sazuka - Outlaw Star
Trunks - Dragon Ball Z
Thoth - Kamigami no Asobi

Vincent Valentine - Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Yu Kanda - D Grayman
Heero Yui - Gundam Wing

14 comments:

  1. I skipped the A to Z this year and wrote a lengthy blog post in March, explaining why. (The absence of a linky list was one of the reasons.) But I was able to keep up with the A to Z entries of all the blogs I follow regularly, even though I didn't comment on all of them every single day.

    I was very impressed with your accomplishments last month. It must have been quite the task, limiting yourself to anime but finding all those characters anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for some letters it was. but i've watched enough anime that i was pretty well covered on most of my letters

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your theme this year. We have quite a few common favorites :)

    The Multicolored Diary: WTF - Weird Things in Folktales

    ReplyDelete
  3. The few posts of yours I got to were fun. For some reason, I kept getting an error when trying to go to your site to read your posts. Reloading didn't work. I'm glad this time I was able to get here, but no idea why it was doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know why it would do that. strange. i'm glad you enjoyed the ones you saw.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it was definitely a challenge this year with the late start! Great theme choice
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now I'm feeling left out because I didn't find the blog about Hair Bands haha. Your theme was surprisingly fun. I say surprisingly because I don't really think of myself as an anime fan. I think that's mostly because I know next to nothing about it. Your posts did a great job in illustrating the imagination and scope of it, which is pretty cool. And now I have some animes to keep an eye out for. Great job and congrats on finishing, especially because life had other ideas for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think her name was lisa, but don't quote me on that. i didn't follow her blog because i didn't even think about doing that. sigh.

      thanks for the congrats. i was not sure i could do it.

      i ended up being a anime fan when i started watching inuyasha and full metal alchemist on cartoon networks toonami and escaflowne on fox saturday morning cartoon shows. they took escaflowne off after 4 episodes though. and before that it was transformers (which was a Toei Animation {dragon ball z and sailor moon} commission for america.)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on completing the challenge. Like you, I also wrote my posts beforehand and luckily no net connection troubles. Good for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I wonder if the lack of a linky list kept people from reading other blogs in the challenge? It definitely takes off some of the pressure that you could come and go from the challenge if you wanted without being removed from a list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since you've posted. Hope everything's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog. Well designed, well written. Keep it up
    escape games

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!