Saturday, April 4, 2015

A to Z Challenge -- D -- SUN, SIGHT, AND DEMONIZED


DAYS OF POWER --  Are the days of Sabbats and personal days.  Many practitioners will choose specific days and times to preform their spells.  It all depends on what type of spell it is as well as what planetary influence is on that day.  For example, Sunday is ruled by the Sun so spells that relate to success or ambition would be cast on this day.  Just like psychic spells would fall on a Monday since it is influenced by the Moon.

DESOIL --  It clockwise or the direction of the sun across the sky.

Cernunnos
DEVIL -- There is no devil in Wicca.

The Horned God, like Cernunnos from Celtic mythology, was morphed into the devil by the influence of the Christian religion.  It was then that witches were portrayed to kiss the Devi's behind.  It was called the Kiss of Shame.

One of the many types of pendulum.
DIVINATION --  Definitions from Dictionary.com 
Noun
1.the practice of attempting to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge by occult or supernatural means.
2.augury; prophecy:  The divination of the high priest was fulfilled.
3.perception by intuition; instinctive foresight.

There are so many ways to divine something.  Scrying is one method.  These are some of the few objects/elements used: mirrors, water, crystal balls or shards, and flames.  Tarot is another form.  Runes are yet another.  There is also the pendulum, the I Ching, and a host of others I have not mentioned.

This isn't fortune telling.  It is more of a guideline for a given situation.

Some use more than one method and others use whichever they find the best results with.  It depends entirely on the practitioner.


Disclaimer: None of these pictures belong to me.  I found them on Google.

13 comments:

  1. "There's no devil in Wicca." I remember pointing that out once when talking about Wicca and how people who didn't know better thought it was evil.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty bad that practitioners were made out to worship the devil when they didn't even believe in any devil. I guess the persecutors didn't understand the religion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever played Scion? It is a great storytelling game. The Horned God brought it to my mind, otherwise unrelated :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monotheistic religions tend to demonise deities from other religions where as polytheistic ones seem to adopt them ... I know which seems like the more inclusive way to go about it.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not always. Romans were polytheistic and they put Christians to death.

      Delete
  5. Days of Power is too cool! I need to figure out which ones are my days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Djinnia! How fascinating. Just recently I read a book whose heroine was a Tantrik. I really enjoyed it. I didn't know there was no Devil in Wicca!

    Happy A-Zing!

    Vidya
    http://vidyasury.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister used to be into I Ching, but I never really "got" it. Same with Tarot, but that didn't stop me from trying (in my teen years). My mom just about flipped her lid when she found them. No, mom, it's not "evil." :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like reading your horoscope in the paper. Only the IChing is about 2000 years older.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!